Inspection of Accounts
If any leaseholders have already addressed queries to Mr Mohammed Sajid, Chief Accountant, at Mohammed.Sajid@islington.gov.uk, then these need to be re-sent to
Mr Mohammed Sajid is away until the end of the month. The deadline for queries is September 18th, 2014.
Inspection of Accounts
Audit of Accounts 2013-14
- Audit Commission Act 1998, sections 15 – 16
- The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2011 Regulations 9, 10, 21 and 22
Each year the council’s accounts are audited. In line with the above Acts and Regulations any person interested has the right to:
- inspect the accounts and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them and
- make copies of the above (a charge may be made for copies).
The accounts for the year ending 31 March 2014 and documents will be available at the Council Offices, 7 Newington Barrow Way, London N7 7EP between 9.30am and 4.30pm on Mondays to Fridays from Thursday 21 August until Thursday 18 September 2014 (excluding Monday 25 August 2014).
If you wish to inspect any particular documents please apply first to the Corporate Accountancy Tram at the above address, call 0207 527 2725 or email AccountsInspection@islington.gov.uk so that arrangements can be made. Please note: you may need to visit other offices
you may need to visit other offices to view some documents.
From 10.00am on Friday 19 September 2014 until the end of the audit process, a local government elector for the area of the council, or his/her representative, may:
- ask the auditor questions about the accounts. Please contact Mr Philip Johnstone, Director, KPMG LLP (UK) at 15 Canada Square, London, E14 5GL to make arrangements to ask any questions.
- object to the council’s accounts asking that the auditor issue a report in the public interest (under section 8 of the Audit Commission Act 1998) and/or apply to the court for a declaration that an item in the accounts is contrary to law (under section 17 of the Audit Commission Act 1998). Written notice of a proposed objection and the grounds on which it is made must be sent to the auditor at the address given above and copied to me at the following address:
- Finance Department,
- Second floor, Council Offices, 7 Newington Barrow Way, London N7 7EP
- Mike Curtis, Corporate Director of Finance & Resources