Partner’s answers to questions raised by Dr Brian Potter Chairman (ILA) and Leaseholders at the ILA leaseholders meeting held on Wed 13 Jan 2016.
Dr Brian Potter Chairman (ILA) has asked me to forward this attachment onto you all from Partners regarding the questions Dr Potter and leaseholders raised at the ILA meeting on Wednesday 13 January 2016 and Partners answers. Please click on the attachment.
Please view below the questions raised by Dr Potter to Partners at the meeting
· When does rolling 5 years Cap run from end of works, end of snagging or making good repairing problems created?
· If the Cap is set when costs were incurred does that mean from when the first cost or last cost in a particular set of major works was incurred?
· Can you confirm that partners no longer make good any damage – created by poor major works? E.g. damp, blown plaster, ruined decorations?
· Can partners conform when the” making good” policy changed, as Partner used to tell Lease holders that they would repair all the damage that arose as a consequence of Partner Major works?
· What guarantee are partner giving these days on the major works they do on Roofs, Windows, damp works. Decorating before partners can rebill Leaseholder for repairing the faults?
· Partners have previously said that they’ll fix problems while they hold the street properties contract & that their roofs should last 30 years?
· Does that mean e.g. that if the 16 year PFI2 contract is terminated in 2022 that any roofs being repaired now are only in effect guaranteed for 8 years?
· Why do Partners never give us a copy of invoices of their expenditure despite it being the law and despite repeated asking?
· Why do Partners repeatedly hand out new bills for repairs to major works that have been badly done in the recent past?
ILA meeting 13.1.16 Partners Response